Friday, September 21, 2012

Chapter 6

Nicki threw herself into work and raising her son. She took him to work with her after picking him up from school. Today was a busy day at Barbz by Onika. It was the beginning of the year and she had a sale for cute clothing for girls of all ages and young boys around LJ’s age. Melissa, Nancy and Lauren were in the store helping out with customers as Nic sat and helped LJ with his homework.

“Mommy’s Man, please sit down so I can help you.”

“Mommy I want to play with my truck on the carpets.”

“First your homework then play, I promise.”

“Pinky?”

They linked pinkies then LJ sat down to let her help him. He was the only kindergartener on a 1st grade level at his school and was now transitioning to second grade math. He was having difficulties with subtracting and adding large numbers.

~~~~~~

He walked into the busy place and looked around for her. She wasn’t insight as soon as he was about to turn and leave, Lauren came up to him.

“Looking for Nika?”

“Yeah, you know where she is?”

“In the back with her son. Why are you here really?”

“I need to speak to her. It’s been a month. She won’t answer my calls or emails.”

“She doesn’t need you coming in confusing her and getting her hopes up when you have a wife!”

“I’m not I just want to meet my son. Am I not allowed as a father to see my son.”

“I guess not, let me ask her first.”

“No, please don’t she probably won’t let me see him cause she wouldn't want to see me.”

“You’re right, go back and where it say employees only, go through the door, make a left, go down the hall and all the way to the back is where she should be.”

He followed the directions and watched as they interacted. He watched her first with her luscious pink lips, nice full long black hair and cute dimples coming and going as they please. He looked over at her male darker skin twin. He had her round face, big slanted eyes and shortness, but his ears, nice waves and skin color was his. He smiled at the beauty of them and how they seem to be in their own world.

“We made a handsome son, Onika.”

Nicki jumped up at the sound of his voice. She looked down at her son then over at him. She stared at the smile on his face that faded when he saw her staring. He stood tall against the door frame as she continued to go over their son’s math with him. He kept looking up at Safaree, who was looking at him. He smirked at the mystery man then looked over at his mother, who was looking at him.

“Mommy who is that?”

He pointed at Safaree with his eyebrows furrowed. He looked at him and rolled his eyes. He sized him up then stood up, pulling his high chair with him. He climbed in and stood facing SB.

“Hey, Big Guy! Why are you back here? No-one’s allowed back here, but Mommy, Aunties and Me!”

Safaree chuckled at him. Nic smiled at him looking really upset and like he was going to do something. He looked SB over again then looked back at his mom.

“He’s dark like me.”

“LJ, come down. I want to tell you something.”

He climb down the chair. He watched Safaree as he walked toward his mother. He climb in her lap and looked over to Safaree.

“LJ, look at me. This is very important.”

“Important. Okay!”

“Yes, important.”

“Tell me already then.”

“Well him standing by the door…”

“The tall man?”

“Yes, baby..”

Nic smiled then looked between them.

“That’s your daddy.”

“Huh?”

“He’s your daddy, like Papa is my daddy. Him over there is your daddy.”

“Hmmm…”

“What’s his name?”

Safaree asked. He was now smiling like a mad man. Nic looked him over then smiled.

“You know it since you’ve had it for thirty years of your life.”

“Junior.”

“Yep.”

“Hey, I’m Safaree Lloyd Samuels Jr. What’s your name?”

“Safaree Lloyd Samuels Senior.”

“Hey! You have my name, Big Guy!”

“No, little man, you have my name. I’m older.”

“So you’re my daddy, where you been Big Guy?”

LJ asked getting up and grabbing SB’s hand. He pulled him down the hall to another room. LJ pointed to a chair and smiled big. He liked the idea of having a daddy like his mommy had. He watched as SB sat in the chair.

“This is my play room. Do you have me a play room at your house?”

“Why aren’t you and mommy married?”

“Do you…”

“LJ! Stop it now.”

“Mommy, I’m just asking Big Guy about a play room!”

He looked over to SB & whispered.

“Can you build me a tree house in the big tree in mommy’s backyard.”

SB laughed while watching LJ pull out toys from a closet. Nic came into the room and stood against the wall watching them interact. She had waited for this moment for awhile. She was about to walk out when SB called out to her.

“Let me talk to you real quick.”

“Okay, come into my office.”

He followed after her. He watched her hips sway from side to side. Damn, I want her so bad right now. He quickly sat in the chair in front of her desk. She adjusted in her seat as she began to type on the laptop.

“So wassup?”

“I just want to know why you didn’t tell me?”

She stopped typing and looked at him.

“I didn’t think you would want him.”

“Why wouldn’t I? He’s mine. That’s obvious he looks just like me with your eyes and dimples.”

“I don’t know.”

“Onika, look, let’s keep it professional between us. I want to be activate in his life and I will be coming to get him every thursday to saturday, father’s day month and we’ll share christmas day, alright?”

“Doesn’t sound like you’re giving me a choice really.”

“Alright we’re on the same page then.”

“I guess so.”

“Now can I talk you about something else.”

“Yeah, I’m all ears.”

8 comments:

  1. Awww they met and already have a bond. Cant wait for him and Nic to get together tho. Wonder what Safaree has to talk to her about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww it was going so well! I want to know Safaree is going to say. I mean he just basically told her to keep it platonic, but I know he wants more so... UGH DAMN CLIFFY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm glad they got to meet eachother and they already have a bond Lj is too cute with all his questions now what is safaree going to ask her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww they're so cute. I can't with the cliffs, I need more - @Twerkin4Roman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. He's being so hard towards her

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish he would take down the walls he put up like its not that serious

    ReplyDelete
  7. - Awwwww .. LJ And Safaree's Bond Is So Cute Already ! I Really Want Him And Nic To Be Together Thou.

    -@BeamMeUp_Barbie

    ReplyDelete