Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chapter 19

Zuri splashed the water in Nic’s face as she got her bath. Zuri laughed watching Nic rub at her eye. Nic’s phone began to ring and she answered without looking. Which she regretted after the voice came from the other end.

“Baby.”

“It’s Nicki to you and what do you want?”

“I need to see you and the kids. I’m going crazy without you guys.”

“If you wouldn’t have left you’d be looking at us now.”

“Baby, please.”

“I’ll see.”

“Don’t hang up please cause I know you won’t answer again.”

She smirked at him knowing her so well. She put the phone down and grabbed Zuri out of the tub. She put her securely on her hip and grabbed her phone. She put the phone to LJ’s ear as she passed by him.

“Hello.”

“Whaddup Son.”

“Oh, Big Guy.”

“That name again. I’m sorry son.”

“No, you break your promise. You pinky’d.”

“I know, I’ll make it up if you come visit me.”

“Where?”

“Where ever you want to go.”

“I want to go to the Cheese Cake Factory and Candy Land.”

“Tell your Mommy and see if that’s okay.”

LJ pushed up off the floor and ran over to Nic’s room with the phone. He smiled big and rambled off that he wanted to see his Daddy. Nic rolled her eyes and put the phone to her ear.

“You heard him.”

“Yeah, Yeah. Meet me at Candy Land at 2. Don’t be late or I’m driving off.”

“That’s….”

Nic hung up before he could talk again. She sighed not really wanting to see him, but didn’t want LJ to be even more upset. She looked down at Zuri and just smiled at how much she looked like him. I can’t stand him, but look at this cute face.

———

[At 2 something)

Nic drove up next to SB’s car and unlocked the door for him to get Zuri out. He picked her up as LJ ran to his side and hugged his leg. He reached down and patted his head. He looked at Nic and opened her door. She stepped out in a shirt that showed enough boobs, her belly button, black leggings and some white pumps. Her hair in a bun on top of her head matching the one on Zuri’s head. He smiled at her and Zuri matching, but he was jealous of the niggas looking at her. He grabbed her and pulled her close.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“This outfit! Fuck you mean?”

“I’m grown, I didn’t know I needed ya fucking permission on what to wear!”

“You knew….”

“I can leave and you can try this another time or you can shut that shit you talking up and get this over with?”

She questioned pushing him off her and walking into the building with LJ. He looked over at the man who was staring at her and bucked. He was pissed. She doing this shit on purpose.

~~~~~~

SB scrolled threw the aisle with LJ & Zuri picking up candy and throwing it in the basket. He looked at Nic who was walking a distance beside him watching LJ. She hadn’t said anything to him since coming into the building. He grabbed her purse and pulled her close. She shrugged him off and walked away.

“Yo LJ.”

“No peanuts.”

“Why?”

“Zuri can’t have them.”

“So.”

“Put em back lil nigga.”

“NO!”

Nicki snatched LJ up and whispered in his ear. He looked over at SB and put the peanuts back. He grabbed Nic’s hand and they walked in front of Zuri and SB. He picked out more candy and threw it in the buggy then looked over at Nic.

“I’m ready to go eat cheese cake!”

“Nic let me holla at you real quick.”

“About?”

“Stop being stupid, yo.”

“LJ go get Amile and tell her we’re ready.”

LJ ran off and came back with Amile who took their buggy.

“Are you guys sure you want all of this?”

“Just take two of whatever’s in the buggy.”

“Okay.”

Safaree pulled Nic to a table and looked her over. He pulled her into a tight hug and didn’t let her go. She cried against his chest. She started talking into his shirt.

“I made a mistake leaving everything important for something that should of stayed irrelevant. I’ll make it up if you let me.”

“No. Just don’t come around my house anymore until you’re sure you want a family. I’ll have Nancy meet you when ever and where ever you want to take the kids, but us… Won’t happen again.”

SB looked at her face to see if she was serious and it cut deep seeing that she was. The rest of their day was spent quiet until they had to depart. Zuri began to cry and shout. Nicki let SB put her in the car. She quiet down then watched him go in for a hug from Nic.

“No.”

“One last time.”

“No.”

“Please Baby?”

“No.”

She walked around to get in the car, but he blocked the door. Nic leaned up against his car door and stared at him. He returned the look.

“Move.”

“Hug?”

“No! Move.”

“Hug first.”

“After you feed us.”

“Damn really?”

Nicki pushed him out the way and got into her car and drove off down to the Cheese Cake Factory. She sat in the parking lot against her car as a nice chocolate man approached her. SB pulled up beside her and rushed out the car to Nic’s side. The guy looked over at SB then back to Nic.

“Nice meeting you Miss Nicki and I hope you call.”

“I sure……”

“Let’s go.”

SB said picking up Zuri and grabbing LJ hand. Nicki smiled at his jealousy rage. He looked back at her fingers typing on her BB and snatched it.

“You not about to text him while we’re together.”

“Give me my phone back.”

“Hell no.”

Safaree dropped it in his pants and smirked. Nic screwed up her face and walked past him.

“Asshole.”

“All day.”

“Awwhoe”

“No, Zay’more, don’t say that.”

“See, and you talk about…”

“Shut up.”

They walked up to order their cheese cake. SB got connections so they watched as the man made their cheesecakes in one pan. Zuri licked the bowl of homemade whipped cream and LJ ate some raw cookie dough out of the batter.

“You really not gone talk to me?”

“About what? You left me and our kids for a month and no call. Then I get an envelope and a box from Karen of you fucking her as soon as you left me!”

“Us. Where we going from here? I love you Nicki.”

“Stop saying you fucking love me when every chance you get you leave! Don’t use and abuse me and expect for me to still by your side. It don’t work that way. This time I’m not letting you back in.”

“I’m trying to work on us, but you’re pissed because I left and you see I came back!”

“When’s the next time you’re leaving?”

She asked looking him dead in the face. Her eyes pierced his heart and he looked away feeling stupid. He knew he had fucked up, but he was willing to do anything for his family. He reached out for her and was surprised she didn’t snatch away.

“I’ll do anything for my family just let me know what?”

“I’m not your “Family” only ones related to you in any form is LJ and Zuri. Whatever they want is fine with me, but me and you are done. Don’t call my phone unless it has something to do with your kids.”

“You really don’t want to work on us?”

“I really don’t! I tried and you went back to Karen. Why? Because I wasn’t giving you no pussy or maybe cause you thought I’d forgive you and let you back in? Which is it?”

“I wanted to work it out….”

“For what?”

Nicki yelled snatching her hands away. She looked over at Zuri and LJ, who looked at her with big doe eyes then continued helping the cook clean. Zuri had on an apron bigger than, but was so happy playing in the pockets as she put spoons and forks in them. LJ ran over to them and smiled. He grabbed both their hands and shocked them both.

“Kiss.”

“Huh?”

“No.”

“You use to kiss all the time.”

LJ pouted looking at them both. Nicki looked at him and shook her head no.

“Give your Mommy a kiss for me.”

“Okay.”

LJ grabbed Nicki’s face and pecked her lips. She smiled and laughed at his lips having her lipstick on it. She wiped his lips then looked at his sad face. LJ hugged them both then ran over to help Zuri off the stool.

“See, he wants us together.”

“That isn’t his decision now is it?”

Safaree pulled her close and leaned on the table. She stood between his legs looking down at his crotch area. He kissed her neck, cheek and tried kissing her lips, but she blocked it.

“You kissed her.”

“Nic?”

“Give me my phone I’m ready to go.”

He pulled her phone out his pants and shoved it in her hand. He hung out with the kids as Nic texted Lamar. She laughed and smiled as if he was with her. Safaree was pissed, but didn’t say anything. When they left to part ways Nic pulled SB into a hug and whispered in his ear. He blushed and walked around to his car following behind her.

3 comments:

  1. Yo when I tell u I'm all over the place like man y nisi pleas stopit5 I only got one chapter left ima cry if it don't turn out how I want it to :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safaree is about to piss me off. Like...

    ReplyDelete