Friday, September 21, 2012

Chapter 10

Nicki took LJ over to visit his Dad’s, but was convinced to stay. They all sat on the loaf inside the cabin watching TV & eating popcorn. LJ sat on Nic’s lap staring at the movie, so he wouldn’t fall asleep, but couldn’t fight it anymore. He turned around and cuddled up on Nic and went to sleep. She rubbed his back until she heard his faint snoring.

“I’ll get ‘em.”

“Okay, I’ll clean up in here.”

She picked up a few things then felt arms around her. She pushed him off and continued to clean up the popcorn and LJ’s toys. SB cleared his throat.

“Yes.”

“Let’s talk, I mean LJ’s sleep and we haven’t talked about what happen last week.”

“Is there really anything for me to say Safaree?”

“Do you love me?”

Silence took over the room like a new perfume. Nic put LJ’s toys in the tote and looked over at SB, who looked to be in his thoughts. I can’t even lie to him.

“I love you. Always have.”

“Did you really have to think about lying to me?”

“If you don’t believe me why are we having this convo?”

“Fuck it.”

“Okay.”

She walked out the room into the guest room. She sat up in the bed and watched TV until SB came into the room. He crawled on top of her blocking her view of the TV.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“You’re married and we’re not here for us!”

“Was I married last week when…”

LJ pushed open the door and stared at them. He looked between the both of them. Nicki pushed SB over the edge, but he grabbed her and pulled her down on top of him.

“Fuck!”

“Watch your mouth Safaree!”

“My bad. Hey son!”

“Hey, I look for you guys.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

Nic asked standing up. She kicked SB in the side and gave him a threatening look. He stood up grabbing his side in pain.

“Karen is outside yelling.”

“WHAT?”

Nicki looked over at SB’s shocked face. Karen was banging on the front door when they walked down the hall to see what was going on. Nic grabbed LJ and walked into the GR. She shook her head and packed their things cause it looked like their trip was cut short.

“Mommy we go home?”

“Yes, Mommy’s Man.”

She sighed heavily looking into his glossy eyes. He got up and picked up his little suit case and followed his mother. She pulled out her phone and called her mother.

~~~~~~

Safaree stood outside trying to calm an angry Karen down. She was yelling and crying. Karen threw wild punches his way as he tried to explain what was going on.

“No you’re fucking that bitch!”

“What? Hell no!”

“You a fucking lie!”

“My son…”

“Fuck him this ain’t about him!”

“What? Karen don’t disrespect my son!”

Nic came out the door with her bags and LJ trailing behind her. Safaree watched as they both walked to her car. Karen went after Nicki.

“Bitch, you better stay away from my man!”

Nicki laughed in her face and shook her off. She opened her trunk and threw her bag in and waited for LJ to do the same. Karen swung and slapped Nicki cross the face. Nic threw two jabs to Karen’s face then kicked her in the chest. SB ran and grabbed Nicki before she began pounding Karen’s face.

“LJ in the car!”

“Let me go Safaree, stupid ass insecure bitch!”

“Insecure bitch, I look better than you!”

“Not even on your best day bitch!”

Safaree pulled open Nic’s door and put her in the car. She snatched her keys out of his hand.

“I’ll call you later.”

“If it’s not about LJ don’t call me!”

She yelled putting her car in reverse and pushed him out the door then slammed it. He watched as she backed out the drive way. Fuck! He looked over at Karen. He picked her up and sat on the couch in the cabin. Damn, I know he’s upset.

———

“Nicki you’re eating a lot!”

“I’m so hungry!”

“Why?”

“I don’t know!”

“Are you…..?”

“Hell no!”

“Watch your mouth and how you know?”

“I had my period last month and this month.”

“Oh, okay cause I was wondering.”

“Yes, plus I haven’t had any cravings or anything just been hungry lately.”

Mama Carol looked her daughter over, but she looked the same, still skinny as ever. Nothing looked out of place or anything, so she dropped it. LJ rushed down the stairs with a huge smile on his face. Carol looked at Nicki, who continued stuffing her face with Mac & Cheese, then at the phone.

“Mommy, Big Guy wants you!”

“Ugh, tell him I’m eating.”

“She’s ea…. He said he can hear you…….. And to get on tha phone.”

“No.”

“He said please.”

“Onika don’t be childish.”

“Alright,”

She huffed taking the phone from LJ. He leaned on her leg and tighten his grip on her thigh. She looked at the phone then over to her mother. Carol pointed to the phone then walked out. Nic put it to her ear.

“What?”

“You been avoiding me the last few weeks, what’s up with that?”

“Don’t worry about me, keeping this professional like you said in the beginning.”

“So that mean ignoring me and having your assistant drop off LJ.”

“Yes.”

“Really Onika? Grow the fuck up, man!”

“Okay.”

“Don’t start that one word response shit. If I wanted to hear that I’d talk to LJ.”

“Bye.”

She hung up and turned off her ringer. I don’t have time for his bullshit. She limped to the stairs with LJ being wrapped around her leg.

4 comments:

  1. Nicki needs to stop playing she know she want Sb and their little family is cute. And Karen just don't understand she keep getting punched lol she don't get it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Karen smh She'll never learn. Nic better tell Safaree how she feel and stop being so damn stubborn. Tuh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love lol like ugh nisi I feel like a crack head and I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicki better get ha man and stop being stubborn.

    ReplyDelete