Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chapter 17

[Four Months)

Safaree had moved into his own place after selling his home in LA and permanently moved back to NY near his kids. Nic and Nas were still dating which stirred LJ’s anger towards Nicki. He voiced it every chance he got that Nas wasn’t his father.

“I’m not going.”

“LJ why?”

“Cause Nas will be there.”

“You liked him at first. God, you’re just like your father.”

“As long as I’m not like Nas.”

“What does that mean?”

“Nothing.”

Nicki was hurt at how much he just disliked Nas and how now he didn’t really talk to her. She picked Zuri up out of her bed and put her down in her seat. Nas was taking them to a kids theme park, but LJ didn’t want to go.

“I’ll drop you off at Safaree’s.”

“You should stay, we’ll have more fun with Daddy than Nas.”

“No. Nas is my necklace buddy like Sarah’s your necklace buddy.”

“NO! NO! Daddy is suppose to be your necklace buddy, so we can fly dragons and stuff like me and Sarah do.”

LJ ran for the door, but Nancy blocked his way. He screamed and kicked until he tired out. He put his face into her legs and didn’t move until she moved. Nicki’s heart broke seeing him this angry and hurt. She didn’t know what to do or say to him. She called Nas and canceled their plans.

Nic: We need to talk.
SB: What’s up?
Nic: I think my son hates me.
SB: Man don’t say that.
Nic: Ever since you moved out, he hasn’t been the same. This is all my fault.
SB: I’ll come by and talk to him today.
Nic: Thank You.

———

Safaree walked into LJ’s room. LJ ran to him full speed and grinned up at him. SB returned the smile and sat him down on the bed next to him.

“LJ we need to talk son.”

“Yes!”

“Are you mad at your mommy?”

“Yes, she said you’d come back, but it’s been forever.”

“I’m always here when you need me, aren’t I?”

“Yes, but Nas is always in mommy’s bed cuddling with her and I don’t like that.”

Safaree laughed at his son’s serious face. Safaree and LJ talked and joked until Nicki came in the room with Zay’more. He took her and kissed her bright red face. She looked like Safaree with Nic’s ears, skin color and long hair. She smiled showing her small dimples like Safaree’s. They all hung around in LJ’s room until Lunch time.

“I made sandwiches for everyone.”

“I want a cheeseburger!”

“LJ what did we talk about.”

“Fix my attitude.”

“Fix it.”

“Okay.”

Nicki looked at Safaree then back at LJ. Nancy took Zuri from Safaree and laid her in her room. Nicki stopped in the doorway and looked up at SB.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.”

“Are you leaving?”

“Yeah got some business to handle.”

“Okay.”

««»»

Nicki groaned as Safaree got into bed with her and cuddle. She faced him as he got comfortable. She threw one leg over him and fell back to sleep.

“Nic.”

“Um.”

“Get up.”

“No.”

“Come on.”

“Okay.”

Nicki laid back as SB entered her with force.

««»»

Nicki jumped up and fell over the side of the bed. She reached up and pulled herself up. Safaree was laid out with Zuri on his chest, both sleeping. OMG, not a wet dream. Safaree looked over at her and grabbed her sweaty palm.

“You okay?”

“Yeah just a dream.”

“Some dream since you were moaning.”

“Fuck! Did I say anything?”

“Naw. Why?”

“No reason.”

Nicki got back into bed and played in Zuri’s hair. Safaree grabbed her face and looked into her eyes. She didn’t pull back or resist just stared back. He pulled her close and kissed her soft lips down her neck.

“Faree..”

“Um huh.”

“Don’t do this.”

“Thank you for the beautiful kids.”

He said between kisses to her lips. They were meant to be and both felt it tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Aww Lj is cute and protective of his mom and he wants nothing to do with nas. Ok Nic having wet dreams about safaree and now they realizing that they need to be together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss I love u nisi it's like u knew I would be sad all those chapters so you gave me a Liddle gift

    ReplyDelete